I originally attempted to make a fish bake in an effort to 'eat better' but that endeavor turned out to be horribly disgusting, so lucky for you I am not including that part in this post. It was a good thing I decided, last minute, to make a seafood risotto with it because that ended up serving not only as our only dinner, but turned out to be one of my favorite dishes to date!
Of course you know me, I don't really follow recipes that well but thankfully this time it happened to pay of. It seems although I attempted to cut the recipe in half since the original recipe below serves 6, the only thing I actually halved was the amount of rice, tomatoes, and shrimp; the rest of the recipe I mistakenly followed word for word. As a result, I'm going to give you the original recipe so that you can make your own substitutions and/or reductions from there since I was obviously no good at it on my own.
You are more than welcome to tweak the recipe to your liking, just as I did. I think the next time we make it I might try and add in some asparagus spears. Other than that, this recipe was a sure fire hit which had my hubby and our good friend Mr. S begging for seconds!
Enjoy!
Basher's Creamy Seafood Risotto
![]() |
| Source: Google Images Unfortunately our memory card is still maxed out from the honeymoon so I wasn't able to take any real pictures. |
Serves: 6
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Software:
- 3 Cups Water
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Small can of Mushrooms (Pieces & Stems)
- 1 1/2 lbs Bay Shrimp
- 3 Cups Short Grain Rice
- 1 Cup White Wine (for Cooking)
- 1 Can of Chopped, Italian Style Plum Tomatoes
- 2 Cups of Italian Shredded Cheeses
- 1/2 Cup Parsley Chopped
- Creole Seasoning to Taste (Optional, we like our food a little spicy)
- Oregano to Taste (Optional)
- Basil to Taste (Optional, I put this on almost every dish now)
- Pepper to Taste
- Fresh Cilantro, Chopped to Garnish (Optional)
Hardware:
- Large Pot
- Large Skillet
- Knife for Chopping
- Cutting Board
- Liquid/Solid Measuring Cups
- Apron (Because I like to look cute while cooking :) )
Procedure:
- Chop onions and set aside.
- Simmer water and broth over medium heat in the large pot.
- In the large skillet, saute the onions in oil over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add Garlic, Shrimp, and Mushrooms. Stir for 1 minute. Spice with Creole Seasoning.
- Add Rice, stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in wine and tomatoes.
- Add 1 ladle of broth-water at a time, stirring until absorbed. Repeat until almost all broth is gone.
- Add a dash of pepper, oregano, basil, parsley and more creole sauce. Stir completely.
- Add cheese and stir until completely mixed.
- Dish is done when the rice is creamy by firm.
- Serve in a bowl immediately and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.

No comments:
Post a Comment